Sample Database Requirements

Jul 20, 2009 at 6:59 PM

It appears like the sample database requires SQL 2008?  Is that correct?  If so, are there any functional requirements for wikiPlex that require SQL 2008 over SQL 2005?  If not, would it be possible to get a script of the database (or something) so I could try and create a 2005 database created and try out the sample?

Thanks,

John

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2009 at 7:07 PM

The sample uses SQL 2008 Express. And no, there are no functional requirements as it's simply just a few tables to run the sample. The sample has pre-delivered content, but is nearly identical to the documentation contained on the project wiki. This should allow you to get it running (note, I just looked at the schema, may not work 100% =) ):

create table Title (
  Id int primary key,
  Name nvarchar(255),
  Slug nvarchar(255)
)

create table Content (
  Id int primary key,
  TitleId int,
  Source nvarchar(max),
  Version int,
  VersionDate datetime
)

Jul 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Thanks Matthew!

In order to get it to run in SQL 2005, I created the two tables you indicated and set the Id columns to be identities.  I also took the "User Instance=True" out of the connection string in addition to tweaking the string for the environment to get the connection to go through.

I also ran "aspnet_regsql.exe" against the database.  That was before I realized "User Instance=True" was in the connection string so I don't think it is a necessary step.

This is the script to generate the tables with the identities.

/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[Title]    Script Date: 07/20/2009 16:03:23 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Title](
	[Id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
	[Name] [nvarchar](255) NULL,
	[Slug] [nvarchar](255) NULL,
 CONSTRAINT [PK__Title__7C8480AE] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED 
(
	[Id] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO
/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[Content]    Script Date: 07/20/2009 16:03:22 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Content](
	[Id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
	[TitleId] [int] NULL,
	[Source] [nvarchar](max) NULL,
	[Version] [int] NULL,
	[VersionDate] [datetime] NULL,
 CONSTRAINT [PK__Content__7E6CC920] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED 
(
	[Id] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]