This project is read-only.

Making text a different color

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I see that the code macros change text color.  Is there a macro I am missing to change the color of normal text?

Something like [color:red|test] ?

I could easily add this but I would like to be able to keep upgrading without having to readd that, and I don't want to add it if it is there and I am just to slow to see it.

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Are you referring to syntax highlighted code?

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:11 PM

No, for example I am using wikiplex to track small enhancements on a project.  After I have introduced the enhancement I would want to say put some red text by it letting the tester know that the enhancement is ready to test.

I am looking at the Title Link Macro that came with the example and it seems this will be very easy to extend out, just been a while since I worked with regexp.  What is the name of the regular expression visualizer tool there used to be?  I had it on an older computer and it didn't make it to this one.

Just want to say how much I like the code.  I hooked the forums on MvcCms up to use the wiki as a kind of forum code and I really like it.

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Nothing out of the box exists like that, so you'll have to roll your own. I personally use RegexBuddy and it is a great tool. The regex to match your syntax would be fairly trivial, without full testing the following may work:

(?i)(\[color:)([^\]]+)(\])

And that would map to scopes of:

1, Remove
2, Custom - split on | to find color & text
3, Remove

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Thank you very much, ah yes regexbuddy, that was it.

Thanks for the head start!