problems starting demo app

Aug 1, 2009 at 8:39 PM
Edited Aug 1, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Hello,

I'm opend the sample application with visual studio and hit F5.

0) Error updating JScript IntelliSense: (path ...) jquery-1.3.2.js: this object does not support this property or method @52:9345

1) Runtime-Error in JScript: Object expected. (default.aspx[dynamic])

2) Klicking on the links ("Formating and Layout", "Syntax Highlighting", ...) I see: "the resource can not be found". For example: http://localhost:43213/WikiPlex.Web.Sample/formatting-and-layout

3) the "wikiPLEX" icon is visible during desing-time, not during run-time.

what have I to do?

Greetings,

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2009 at 9:09 PM

It looks like your server can't serve static content for some reason. I assume you're running this from the built-in web server in VS?

Aug 1, 2009 at 9:16 PM

yes, you are correct. I used vs and the build-in cassini. I've played with some mvc-programs before (geek-dinner) and everything worked fine.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2009 at 5:26 AM

The only problem I saw were 2 bugs that were logged

1. It cannot find GlobalAssemblyInfo.cs
2. It can't find the project reference to WikiPlex.

After I removed the #1, and changed the reference in #2 to /bin - things worked just fine for me from the sample download. Did you follow these steps? What if you download the source & open the solution?

Matt

Aug 2, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I think the problem is my Visual Studio. It seems broken. I can't even ad a new Webform – if I try this, VS disappears in a fraction of a second – without further notice. I think I will have to re-install VS.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Yeah, that doesn't seem right. FYI, the next release will have the sample completely fixed so you don't have to do steps 1 or 2 I listed above.

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:25 PM

I reinstalled visual studio and now everything works perfect (better than perfect I would like to say). I'm sorry for wasting your time – and I thank you for your friendly help.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM

No time wasted, you actually made me find another bug in the sample distro!